Monday, April 6, 2009

My New Four-Legged Friend

One of the new teachers, Higashiguchi-sensei, has a black lab named "R." She reminds me very much of Mila, the black lab that I share with Courtney's family. R is a couple years older and a bit smaller than Mila, but she makes some of the same semi-peculiar sounds and movements that Mila makes. "R" doesn't necessarily stand for anything in particular, so Courtney and I named her Razzle, since we sometimes call Mila "Razzlebear."

We took Razzle for a walk yesterday from her apartment to Josenji, the local temple that is just down the street from school. And on the way back, we took a detour through school and ran into the hausumasutas and their families having a BBQ (their welcome party). They were all glad to meet R, and R was lucky to score some food!

Today, when I got to school, Higashiguchi-sensei told me that R was very happy and already looking forward to her next walk. Just like Mila, Razzle is labradorable!

No comments: